Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Jolene & Tate and Kort

Who is in the photo at right?

Hi! my name is Jolene , I live in Lethbridge AB, Canada, I am a retired dog groomer of 30 years & I now work at a Dog Day Care.

These are my 2 rough collies with me. Tate is 10 & a half; he is the tricolour kissing me, & Kort is the sable, he is 4. They are both males -- I have never owned a female dog...love the boys!

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

I have coffee every morning after walking the boys; I brew a fresh cup and bring it to my computer where I catch up on my emails.

Kort and Tate (left) curl up beside me for a nap; they are with me right now.

What's brewing?

I'm not too fussy: if I go out for coffee I love McDonalds coffee. If I buy it's usually just the grocery store brand, but as a rule Folgers, medium roast.

Any treats for you or your dogs on this occasion?

No, no treats for me. The boys did get a couple of milk bones after their walk though.

How did your dogs get their names? Any aliases?

Tate got his name from a movie I was watching, it was not Little Man Tate; it was a cowboy movie and I can't remember the name of it.

I have always had my dogs' names picked out years in advance; if I like a name I write it down.

Kort (right) got his name from my favourite Stephen King series, The Gunslinger, one of the characters in the book was named Cort. I changed my boys spelling to a *K*.

How were you and your dogs united?

I got Tate from a breeder in Northfied Mass. Mariner Kennels. Tate was my second collie from her. He had a 5 hr flight to reach me.

Kort came from a breeder here in Alberta, Davenloch Kennels . Both dogs were picked out for me by their breeders. I love them to death!!

Who are your dogs' best pet-pals?

Tate is quite the loner, he sticks to himself a lot. Kort is a funny guy, he likes to play with puppies. We dog sit a mini daschund by the name of Perkins. Kort and Perkins are good friends.

Squirrel, postman, cat....

Kort is nuts about rabbits!!!!!!!! He screams and whines when he sees them; there are tons of rabbits around my place.

Squeaky toy, ball, stick...?

Tate has a toy that he got as a puppy -- it was a spider with 10 furry legs. He pulled off all the legs, just leaving the body, so I named it Clam. He still plays with his clammy 10 yrs later!

Kort is more of a food hound but he does love the fluffy type tug toys.

What is each dog's proudest moment?

Oh we have so many! Both my dogs are Canadian show champions. I have put a Tracking title on Tate. Both dogs have numerous Obedience, Rally Obedience, Agility, and Herding titles. Kort is a Scenthurdle Dog Champion as well.

If your dogs could change one thing about the you, what would it be?

I think that I would walk them more.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which your dogs could speak, which actors should do their voices?

Tate has always had the voice of Eyore from Winnie The Pooh. He does everything in slow motion at his own time.

Kort really never got a voice.

If your dogs could answer only one question in English, what would you ask them?

Are you happy with your life with me?

Learn more about Jolene, Tate, and Kort at the One Collie blog.

--Marshal Zeringue

4 comments: