Monday, September 19, 2016

Lancey Morris & Henderson

Who is in the photo at right?

My name is Lancey Morris and I'm the baker/blogger behind sweetlancey.com. I live in Sydney with my three year old Miniature Schnazuer, Henderson. He has an instagram page which he tries to update regularly (henderson_the_schnauz), and loves broccoli.

What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine?

Today we stopped to get a coffee at a local cafe on the way to the park. Henderson is a nightmare without his daily caffeine hit so I try to make the effort.

What's brewing?

I'm actually enjoying a French Earl Grey cup of tea!

Any treats for you or Henderson on this occasion?

Henderson is nibbling on a vegan doggy biscuit I brought with me, and I'm trying my hardest not to order a cookie for myself.

How were you and Henderson united?

Henderson and I were united when he was a 12 week old puppy. He was tiny and 90% personality, 10% beard.

How did your dog get his name? Any aliases?

We wanted a name that suited a dog with a well trimmed beard and salt and pepper eyebrows, and Henderson seemed just right. He also goes by Hend, Baby H, and The Hend of the King, because he loves Game of Thrones.

Does Henderson have a role at Sweet Lancey HQ?

Because Sweet Lancey is a vegan food blog, unfortunately too much 'paws on' involvement would lead to being shut down by a food authority. Henderson's role is more focused on cleaning up fallen food, lending an ear, and of course, reminding me every day why animals should be our friends, not our dinner.

Cat, postman, squirrel...?

The local cats aren't too fond of Hend, but he seems to get along with the postman just fine. No squirrel encounters thus far, but he's still young.

Ball, squeaky-toy, stick...?

Hend loses interest in toys very quickly, and much prefers to destroy our furniture.

Who is Henderson's best pet-pal?

Henderson is a social butterfly and likes to interact with everyone he meets, though I have it on good authority that he spends a lot of time at the local groomer with a dog mysteriously called Ruby. No surname, no regrets.

What is Henderson's best quality?

Henderson's best quality is his affectionate and loyal nature. He is always up for a cuddle and likes to lie as close to your face as is humanly (or dogly?) possible.

It's a good thing this question only asks for his best quality, because I really could write an essay on the dynamic Schnauzer personality.

Where is Henderson's favorite outdoor destination?

Henderson enjoys the classics, like parks or anywhere with grass. We've taken him to much more exciting places, littered with toys and swarming with dogs, but we'll always find him sniffing a patch of grass by himself. It's the simple things in life.

If Henderson could change one thing about you, what would it be?

He'd probably change the fact that I don't let him eat everything in his path, including my personal effects.

If Henderson could answer only one question in English, what would you ask him?

What a great question! I'd probably ask if he was happy, or if he means to shame people by staring so deeply into their eyes they feel he sees into their soul.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life in which Henderson could speak, who should voice him?

I think Michael Cera would do a good job, or perhaps Larry David.

What advice would Henderson give if asked?

I think he'd say, 'Take risks. Life is too short not to lick a stranger's sandwich in the park.'

Visit the Sweet Lancey website and check out Henderson on Instagram.

--Marshal Zeringue

2 comments:

  1. That's the cutest beard I've seen in a long while! I'm sure the personality go pawfectly with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute together. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Continue understanding each other in such a nice way:) Keep sharing!!!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete